Monday, August 25, 2008

Coast Salish Weaving Exhibit

An exhibit of Coast Salish Weaving opened last week at our local museum. The exhibit is small but quite lovely. It traces the history of Coast Salish weaving from traditional blankets to contemporary weavings. Photos were allowed (with no flash) so I snapped some photos of the exhibit and they are posted here for you to enjoy. If you live in the Western Washington area, the exhibit will continue through Nov. 9, 2008 at the White River Museum in Auburn.

I also finished another little lap rug. This one is for a very young lady who loves PINK! The warp is cotton and the weft is Sock! yarn from Lisa Souza. The colorways are Baby Pink and Violet's Pink Ribbon. I started to do a zig-zag twill pattern, but decided the floats would be too long for the life this blanket may have. So I just did the zig-zag at the beginning and end of the blanket. The rest of it is the same twill pattern that I used for my Lake Superior lag rug.

I have a pinkish cotton/silk scarf finished also -- I did it on my new little 8-harness Louet table loom, but more about that later!

Now it's back to the loom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I had already bookmarked Honeysuckle Loom, but I didn't put it together that you were the Holly of Heritage Recipes who'd commented on my blog.

Peenk! --as another blogger says. Very nice with the sock yarn, and sure to be much loved.