Thursday, January 1, 2015

A Day in the Life of Looms 2015

Here we are at the beginning of 2015.  During the first 6 months of 2014, my looms were idle but after a month long trip to England, Norway, Denmark, Estonia, Russia, Finland and Sweden I was inspired to get back to my weaving.  So currently all my looms are in some state of activity.  Two are awaiting new warps to be tied on to the existing warp, one is ready for the warp to be tied to the front beam, my table looms gets an inch woven now and then and a little 8-shaft floor loom that I am borrowing from a friend needs to have a bunch of threading errors corrected.  So here they are!
 Norwood 4 shaft (above) waiting for new warp, which is already to go, to be tied on.  The 8 shaft Fireside below is waiting for another waffle weave warp to be tied on to the current warp.
 My LeClerc Fanny counterbalance has a small blanket warp ready to be tied to the front.
 The little guy below (8-shaft Baby Macomber) has massive threading errors -- not sure how I did it but I was consistent so there is the same error over and over!
 This warp has been on my table loom a couple of years...I occasionally pass by and weave and inch.
And that's it!  HAPPY NEW YEAR!

This tradition of posting the state of our looms was started a few years ago by Meg in New Zealand. Check out the state of other looms here with a visit to Meg's blog: "Unravelling".

2 comments:

Meg said...

I did not realize you had so many lovely looms, Holly. Maybe Honeysuckle LoomS?? Happy New Year.

Peg Cherre said...

It's always good to see what other weavers are doing. Thanks for sharing.