Wednesday, August 31, 2011

P2P2: The Big Reveal

Here are my P2P2 photos from Esmae, who lives in Australia. 
I did 2 P2P2 projects...the first one I was naturally drawn to by the colors and the blue and white transferware in the photo (I love blue and white china).  I used some hand dyed red boucle from Just Our Yarns and boucle from Weaving Works in Seattle.  I really love how it turned out.


Here's a close up:

But this project was pretty "safe" colorwise.  So I decided to do one more P2P2 project that would move me out of my comfort color zone (and use up some stash cottons that had been gifted to me).  Orange is not a color I like.  Back in my marketing manager days, my team knew if they showed me any creative with orange in it, it was likely not to get approved.  :-)

I divided the photo selected into three components -- using waffle weave on the two ends to imitate the little circles and bumberette in the center, 'cause I just love to weave it.  These are kitchen towels.

Here are the componets:

Here's the close up:

Thanks to Meg for taking the time to organize this challenge and to keep us moving toward our big reveals!  And thanks to Esmae for the wonderful photos.

5 comments:

Meg said...

Holly, I still love your towels that were based on but didn't imitate the original image. But boy, the first scarf, among other things, I really like the fringes!! That's where my eyes were drawn to first.

Peg said...

To be honest, I like the towels better. :-) It's all a matter of personal taste. I think you did a fine job of capturing the colors and feel of those two pictures.

c u r i o u s w e a v e r said...

You've really captured the 'soul' of the Australian indigenous imagery with the weaves. This isn't easy to do but i could see how a run of scarves in this type of colour and sense would work well with an indigenous painting exhibition. Great weaving.

Diana said...

Hey Holly You have been at it hard girl. You really can see all the colors, every thing is beautiful.
I have had a virus in my Goole, that sounds interesting Mmmmm. A neighbor stopped by and said "oh I can fix it for you" and it's fixed. So now I can blog again after several months! See you soon!

sampling said...

The towels look amazing!