Thursday, July 10, 2008

Four Scarves Finished

All four scarves for the family of redheads are finished! And I still have enough yarn to complete one or two more. I'm really happy with the way they turned out -- very soft. The scarves for the redheaded parents turned out to be extra long since I was just tying on to the old warp and didn't adjust the loom waste in my calculation when I put the new warps on the loom. As I said before, the wefts are all the same yarn and the warps in three of them with Harrisville Shetland and in the scarf on the top right, the weft and the warp is the same yarn from Lisa Souza.


I found an auto reed hook on the Yahoo's WeavingList Sales and it arrived yesterday. Using an instruction video on Linda's Fiber Weblog, it was easy to get the hang of it. For me, it works better on my newer reed that has thinner teeth because it catches easier on the reed's tooth as it moves. Of course, the reed I am using right now is the one with heavier teeth. I like it because you can grip is like a wooden spoon and there is less stress on my hands and fingers. The other thing I like about it is that it automatically (with a little help) moves from dent to dent so that I don't miss a dent.

No comments: